Friday 11 February 2011

Life is better with SUGRU!

LEFT - Missing ear guard     RIGHT - What it is meant to be
So I got introduced to this amazing material from a lecturer before christmas. SUGRU is basically silicone based modeling putty for ADULTS. Silly as it may sound, this product has been through years of development and allows people to make products better in whichever way they want. I first couldn't get my head round the number of applications that this product can be used for. Since that introduction I find that i'm thinking alot about the products around me and questions like. Why would I throw away something that is on it's last legs? Why do I put up with inconsiderate products that don't physically fit me ergonomically? Why do I struggle with something that doesn't perform its function to its maximum potential. SUGRU helped me answer many of these questions. Have a look at my first SUGRU hack (technical term for a DIY job) which was on a pair of Sennheiser runnign earphones.


Sugru is available in various colours; stored in these convenient sachets

I can't guarantee that you won't get funny looks from people (maybe that's what you want - I personally experienced alot of it) but sugru can really give anything; I mean ANYTHING inanimante of course, a new lease of life. As mentioned on sugru's website; "sugru's magical properties mean it can hack almost anything better". The only limiting factor is your IMAGINATION.

Voila!!! What a result for a first HACK:)

head over to http://sugru.com/ to get your grubby hands on them and start hacking. (I love the sound of that!!) sign up to the mailing list for a montly source of SUGRU inspired inginuity.

1 comment: